Challenge 5 (1,800 XP), Large plant , unaligned
HP 136 (16d10) AC 15 SPD 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
|18 (+4)||8 (-1)||16 (+3)||5 (-3)||10 (+0)||5 (-3)|
- Stealth: +2
- Blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius), passive perception 10
- Damage Resistances
- cold, fire
- Damage Immunities
- Condition Immunities
- blinded, deafened, exhaustion
- Lightning Absorption
- Whenever the shambling mound is subjected to lightning damage, it takes no damage and regains a number of hit points equal to the lightning damage dealt.
- The shambling mound makes two slam attacks. If both attacks hit a Medium or smaller target, the target is grappled (escape DC 14), and the shambling mound uses its Engulf on it.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
- The shambling mound engulfs a Medium or smaller creature grappled by it. The engulfed target is blinded, restrained, and unable to breathe, and it must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw at the start of each of the mound's turns or take 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage. If the mound moves, the engulfed target moves with it. The mound can have only one creature engulfed at a time.