Adult Gold Dragon
Challenge 17 (18,000 XP), Huge dragon , lawful good
HP 256 (19d12) AC 19 SPD 40 ft., fly 80 ft., swim 40 ft.
|27 (+8)||14 (+2)||25 (+7)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||24 (+7)|
- Insight: +8, Perception: +14, Persuasion: +13, Stealth: +8
- Blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive perception 24
- Common, draconic
- Damage Immunities
- The dragon can breathe air and water.
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day)
- If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (2d10 + 8) piercing damage.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d6 + 8) slashing damage.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage.
- Frightful Presence
- Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 21 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
- Breath Weapons (Recharge 5-6)
- The dragon uses one of the following breath weapons. Fire Breath. The dragon exhales fire in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 21 Dexterity saving throw, taking 66 (12d10) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Weakening Breath. The dragon exhales gas in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 21 Strength saving throw or have disadvantage on Strength-based attack rolls, Strength checks, and Strength saving throws for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
- Tail Attack
- The dragon makes a tail attack.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions)
- The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 10 ft. of the dragon must succeed on a DC 22 Dexterity saving throw or take 15 (2d6 + 8) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.