Add Ettercap to Favourites
Medium monstrosity, neutral evil
- Challenge Rating
- Armor Class
- Hit Points
- 44 (8d8)
- 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||15 (+2)||13 (+1)||7 (-2)||12 (+1)||8 (-1)|
- Perception: +3, Stealth: +4, Survival: +3
- Darkvision 60 ft., passive perception 13
- Spider Climb
- The ettercap can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Web Sense
- While in contact with a web, the ettercap knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
- Web Walker
- The ettercap ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
- The ettercap makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) poison damage. The target must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage.
- Web (Recharge 5-6)
- Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The creature is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 11 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, is vulnerable to fire damage and immune to bludgeoning damage.
- Variant: Web Garrote
- Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one Medium or Small creature against which the ettercap has advantage on the attack roll. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 12). Until this grapple ends, the target can't breathe, and the ettercap has advantage on attack rolls against it.