Add Balor to Favourites
Huge fiend (demon), chaotic evil
- Challenge Rating
- Armor Class
- Hit Points
- 262 (21d12)
- 40 ft., fly 80 ft.
|26 (+8)||15 (+2)||22 (+6)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||22 (+6)|
- Truesight 120 ft., passive perception 13
- Abyssal, telepathy 120 ft.
- Damage Resistances
- cold, lightning; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
- Damage Immunities
- fire, poison
- Condition Immunities
- Death Throes
- When the balor dies, it explodes, and each creature within 30 feet of it must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, taking 70 (20d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The explosion ignites flammable objects in that area that aren't being worn or carried, and it destroys the balor's weapons.
- Fire Aura
- At the start of each of the balor's turns, each creature within 5 feet of it takes 10 (3d6) fire damage, and flammable objects in the aura that aren't being worn or carried ignite. A creature that touches the balor or hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes 10 (3d6) fire damage.
- Magic Resistance
- The balor has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons
- The balor's weapon attacks are magical.
- The balor makes two attacks: one with its longsword and one with its whip.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 21 (3d8 + 8) slashing damage plus 13 (3d8) lightning damage. If the balor scores a critical hit, it rolls damage dice three times, instead of twice.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 30 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d6 + 8) slashing damage plus 10 (3d6) fire damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 20 Strength saving throw or be pulled up to 25 feet toward the balor.
- The balor magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, up to 120 feet to an unoccupied space it can see.
- Variant: Summon Demon (1/Day)
- The demon chooses what to summon and attempts a magical summoning. A balor has a 50 percent chance of summoning 1d8 vrocks, 1d6 hezrous, 1d4 glabrezus, 1d3 nalfeshnees, 1d2 mariliths, or one goristro. A summoned demon appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can't summon other demons. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.