Add Ancient Green Dragon to Favourites
Ancient Green Dragon
Gargantuan dragon, lawful evil
- Challenge Rating
- Armor Class
- Hit Points
- 385 (22d20)
- 40 ft., fly 80 ft., swim 40 ft.
|27 (+8)||12 (+1)||25 (+7)||20 (+5)||17 (+3)||19 (+4)|
- Deception: +11, Insight: +10, Perception: +17, Persuasion: +11, Stealth: +8
- Blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive perception 27
- Common, draconic
- Damage Immunities
- Condition Immunities
- The dragon can breathe air and water.
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day)
- If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (2d10 + 8) piercing damage plus 10 (3d6) poison damage.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d6 + 8) slashing damage.
- Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage.
- Frightful Presence
- Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
- Poison Breath (Recharge 5-6)
- The dragon exhales poisonous gas in a 90-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 22 Constitution saving throw, taking 77 (22d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
- Tail Attack
- The dragon makes a tail attack.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions)
- The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 15 ft. of the dragon must succeed on a DC 23 Dexterity saving throw or take 15 (2d6 + 8) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.