Challenge 21 (33,000 XP), Medium undead , any evil alignment
HP 135 (18d8) AC 17 SPD 30 ft.
|11 (+0)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)|
- Arcana: +18, History: +12, Insight: +9, Perception: +9
- Truesight 120 ft., passive perception 19
- Common plus up to five other languages
- Damage Resistances
- cold, lightning, necrotic
- Damage Immunities
- poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
- Condition Immunities
- charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day)
- If the lich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- If it has a phylactery, a destroyed lich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
- The lich is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following wizard spells prepared: • Cantrips (at will): mage hand, prestidigitation, ray of frost • 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, magic missile, shield, thunderwave • 2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, invisibility, Melf's acid arrow, mirror image • 3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, counterspell, dispel magic, fireball • 4th level (3 slots): blight, dimension door • 5th level (3 slots): cloudkill, scrying • 6th level (1 slot): disintegrate, globe of invulnerability • 7th level (1 slot): finger of death, plane shift • 8th level (1 slot): dominate monster, power word stun • 9th level (1 slot): power word kill
- Turn Resistance
- The lich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
- Paralyzing Touch
- Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- The lich casts a cantrip.
- Paralyzing Touch (Costs 2 Actions)
- The lich uses its Paralyzing Touch.
- Frightening Gaze (Costs 2 Actions)
- The lich fixes its gaze on one creature it can see within 10 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become frightened for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the lich's gaze for the next 24 hours.
- Disrupt Life (Costs 3 Actions)
- Each living creature within 20 feet of the lich must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 21 (6d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.